If you wish to renovate your kitchen cupboard doors, you must be ready to make numerous considerations. For instance, you must be able to pick the right handles, hinges and worktops for your kitchen doors in a market that gives you unlimited choices.
To pick the best cupboard doors for your kitchen, therefore, you must factor in the following:
- Model of your Kitchen
The kind of kitchen cupboard door design you want will depend on your tastes and preferences. Moreover, it has to complement the interior design of your kitchen. For instance, if yours is a traditional kitchen, you will be better of settling for a vintage design as opposed to modern kitchens that require modern designs for cupboard doors.
- Design and Material
Kitchen cabinet doors come in different designs and materials. Depending on your preference, you can go for a cupboard door made from timber frame, gloss, matt, shaker, or one that features a contemporary design. The best thing is that each of the designs comes with a unique feel and touch. You, therefore, can go for a design that allows you to customise the doors to fit your kitchen’s interior design and preference.
Durability is another important consideration that you have to make when choosing your kitchen cabinet door. To derive optimal service from the doors, make sure to pick the ones made with a strong and sturdy joinery method.
Budget is also a very important consideration when choosing doors for your kitchen cupboards. It is imperative to note that some doors are very expensive, especially the custom-made ones. Be sure to factor in the installation cost as well.
The type of handles you choose should perfectly blend with and complement the doors. Cupboard handles for kitchen cabinets also come in different designs. When choosing the handle, therefore, make sure it is the right one for the design of the door. Some of the handle designs that you will find in the market include ceramic or glass knobs, wire pulls with accents, tubular bar pulls, traditional steel or nickel pulls and knobs pulls with exposed screws.
You can also choose cupboard doors that work without a handle. This way, you will always have an easy cleaning experience in your kitchen.
There are various types of cupboard door hinges in the market that you can consider when installing cupboard doors in your kitchen. Some of the hinges to consider include rising butt hinge, butterfly hinge, flush hinge, continuous or piano hinge, the butt hinge, barrel hinge, and concealed hinge. From the many options available, pick a pair that is durable and capable of working well with your cupboard door design.
Considerations to be made during Installation
- Painted in-frame kitchen cupboard design preparation should be done at the factory.
- Solid wood in frame cupboard – You should go for oak, cherry, maple or alder woods since they can be stained or varnished to your preference.
- Veneer in-frame kitchen cupboard design – This is ideal when you decide to use a rare wood species.
- Laminate in-frame kitchen cupboard design – This is the most common and affordable design. A laminate that is installed with high heat and pressure is also scratch and chip-resistant.
Regardless of the choices you make on the quality and style of the frame, make sure it complements your kitchen design.
Other Aspects You Should Consider in the Whole Installation Process
- The time the installation process can take when the materials are ready.
- Whether doors are backed with a warranty. The longer the warranty the high the quality of the door.
- Mode of payment. Is the mode of payment flexible, safe, and convenient for you?
- Whether you should overhaul the entire kitchen design and redesign it to accommodate your preferred cupboard door designs.
- The costs associated with consultation and installation of your cupboard doors.
Whether you pick traditional or modern kitchen cupboard doors design, the right door for your kitchen cupboards should elevate your kitchen experience, especially when it comes to keeping your kitchen items safe and when cleaning.
More importantly, always allow the interior design of your kitchen to be your guide when shopping for your kitchen cupboard doors.